Application of Borane Reagents
Easy handling, simple post-operation, high yields, excellent functional group tolerance and less toxity have made those boran reagents favorites for chemists in many fields, and let them application in various reactions such as Reduction, Hydroboration, Suzuki coupling and Boron enolates.
1. Aldehyde and ketone groups can be reduced by DMSB, BTHF, DEANB, L-Selective, TMAB, PYB, etc.
2. Ester-groups can be reduced by DMSB, BTHF, DEANB, L-Selective
3. Amino acid can be only reduced by DMSB, BTHF, DEANB
4. Imine can be reduced except by Calselect KP
5. Olefin can be freely reduced by DMSB, BTHF, DEANB
1. Hydroboration of alkynes and alkenes with Catecholborane, PINB, and 9-BBN
2. Transition metal-catalyzed borylation with PINB and Bis(pinacolato)diboron
3. Reaction of oranometallic reagents( Li, Mg, Zn) with Methoxydiethylborane, 9-Methoxy-9-Borabicyclo[3.3.1]Nonane and and Isopropyl Pinacolborate
Comparison of some products
1. DMSB and BTHF:
DMSB have higher activity and better cost performance than BTHF, but it is dangerous and has a very unpleasant smell.
2. 9-BBN and 9-BBN Dimer:
Enough the 9-BBN Dimer is more convenient than 9-BBN, the 9-BBN is liquid which is more beneficial and better cost performance than 9-BBN Dimer.
3. PINB and Bis(Pinacolato)Diboron
Enough the PINB is dangerous but it is liquid, which is more beneficial and better cost performance than Bis(Pinacolato)Diboron.